1. Inventory /Stock Management
Process weighing scale solutions can find use in the management of inventory raw materials through to the manufacturing process, which has often been a big challenge for manufacturers. They can apply in:
• Silo and vessel weighing – here the solutions take the weight off compression forces at their base or the tension from suspension.
• Bulk weighing for manufacturing processes that use intermediate bulk containers or bags to ensure total weight of what goes in and out of these is monitored and controlled.
• Inventory level measurement by weight, which is the most accurate technology for measuring liquids since changes in density, foam formation, uneven settling, bracing or changes in container shape do not affect it.
• Control of levels by weight - here sensors in the weighing solution adjust levels by initiating refills and overflow control measures.
• Throughput weighing for all manufacturers, whether working with liquids or solids.
Weighing solutions ensure accurate measures of material used as well as what remains available.
2. Batching and Blending
During batch manufacturing, there is undertaking of a range of sequential and simultaneous procedures to add and mix one or more ingredients in the product making process. These procedures will largely benefit from process weighing solutions both for the initial measured placements of the ingredients into a mixing vessel and the subsequent discharging of that batch to the next processes.
Processes in your OEM machine and equipment building that are going to benefit and gain a reduction in loss and expenditure include:
• Batching by weight
• Blending of batch by rate controlled weight
• Control of Loss in weight by rate
• Weight monitoring, control of continuous belt, feeder systems
3. Filling, Dispensing and Packaging
Filling, dispensing and packaging processes need to be fast, accurate and of repeatable results. Weighing solutions in such processes increase precision and speed tremendously resulting in reduced production times and reduced losses from over and under filling of contents.
Things like supply bins, totes and intermediate containers suspended by or fitted with load cells integrated with the weighing solution to provide smooth and programmable control over the whole processes that include:
• Net/gross weight filling
• Net weight dispensing
• Parts, pieces and portion weighing
4. Product Inspection and Shipping
At your product inspection stage through to shipping, there will always be the need for weight checks to determine a number of factors that include verifying of packaged contents, identifying different parts, classifying the products and checking for product tolerance and overload safety. Weighing solutions are available processes that include:
• Check weighing process that involves checking for the factors mentioned above at an inspection station that’s right after the manufacture and packaging phases.
• Crane failure protection involving checking for overloads and metal fatigues that cause crane damage.
• Pallet weighting which is the final step in shipping processes where there is assembly of products and calculation of charges.
The more important reasons for you to use process weighing solutions at product inspection and shipping are not only to meet laid down regulations, but also increase line speed, accuracy and quality control which will all go into cost cutting and added savings.
Kevin started with the company as a Field Service Technician. After 10 years in the field, Kevin decided he wanted to take a more active role in growing the business. He took a few months off and took two writing classes, a business course and a marketing class, Kevin first transitioned into Technical Sales and now heads up our marketing efforts and provides technical expertise to the sales and service teams. Kevin enjoys everything mechanical and electronic, computers, the internet and spending time with family.
Quality Scales Unlimited Website: www.scalesu.com